|1959-61 TED DAWSON (21-10-0)
|1962-64 JIM CASHION (15-15-0)
| 1965-70 GENE MAYFIELD (62-10-2)
State Finalist 2x
|1971-72 GIL BARTOSH (23-1-0)
|1973-85 JOHN WILKINS (148-16-6)
State Champions 2x
State Finalist 4x
|1986-89 GARY GAINES (47-6-1)
| 1990-93 TAM HOLLINGSHEAD (43-4-2)
|1994-99 RANDY MAYES (45-25-1)
|2000-02 T.J. MILLS (15-15)
|2003-04 SCOTT SMITH (10-10)
|2005-08 DARREN ALLMAN (38-11)
Region Finalists 3x
|2009-12 GARY GAINES (23-21)
|2013-17 BLAKE FELDT (38-18)
Region Finalists 3x
|2018-xx JEFF ELLISON (23-11)
– Rattling the wooden planks in the bleachers at Barrett Stadium.
– Black/White Game that featured graduating Seniors vs the next year’s team.
– Student Body Right… Student Body Left.
– The guy in the stands with the bugle playing “Charge”.
Continue reading “Permian Traditions”
Permian came into existence 60 years ago, as the third high school to Odessa. Located in the northern part of town, it was only a matter of time for the 250,000 square foot school to root into fertile soil. The beginning year saw Permian win three games, and in the second season of existence the Panther football program set the standard for winning with a record of 8-3-0. In just five years later, the Panthers won their first state championship in 1965. In 1966, the school district allowed the annexation of the Permian Field House, and the following year, the swimming pool was added. As the building was growing, the legend was taking root and spreading faster than the construction. It was also during this time, the infamous “MoJo” chant began. Continue reading “School History”
NEWS MEDIA REVIEWS
- “Widely regarded as one of the best of its kind because of its wealth of information & impressive graphics interface. “Mojoland®” leads a booming trend in high school football sites.”
– Mike Finger, The Associated Press
- “MojoLand® – Championship site better than some college & pro sites”
– David King, San Antonio Express-News
- “Killer site… Enhanced graphics and the attention to detail, make MojoLand® one of the most dazzling sites around.”
– Tommy Cummings, Ft. Worth Star-Telegram
- “A Masterpiece… The MojoLand® Museum puts every other high school’s team page to shame.”
– Jake Shaw, Managing Editor of Texas Football
- “The most researched Texas High School football on the internet.”
– Brett Tulloss, Rockwall Texas Success
- “It took but one visit… to say the least, MojoLand® is loaded.”
– Gregory Gaussa, FOXSports.com
- “There’s a very impressive amount of useful content. MojoLand® resembles the sites found on our College network.”
– Jeremy Briggs, Rivals.com
- “MojoLand® – The state’s most-in-depth sports site”
– David King, MySA.com
- MojoLand® was announced as the 2004 ‘Site of the Year’. Selected as top site in the 9th Annual Golden Ace Awards, the awards are one of the oldest and most respected web awards on the internet. Labeled “The most highly touted site of the year”, past ‘Site of the Year’ award winners include: About.com (2003), The Sporting News (2002), and eBay (2001). Based on overall artistic creativity and useful content, sites are graded on consistency, continuity, artistic skills, artistic design, originality, creativity, organization, and moral structure. The site exhibits design excellence, content value, and consistency that sets it apart from all others.
- Awarded the Webthrower.com Silver Award. “You met all of our criteria to win the “Silver Award” with a high score of 80. We wish you much success in your endeavors with MojoLand®. Thanks for helping make the Web a more interesting and attractive place to visit. Our compliments on a job well done!”
-Jeff Thrower (webthrower.com)
- Awarded the Golden Web Award in recognition of its creativity, integrity and excellence by the International Association of Webmasters and Designers.
- Top Ten Finalist in the prestigious Sports Site of the Year Award by the members of the AAGD (Association of American Graphic Designers)!
- Winner of the PAT Award, honoring web sites reporting the Best Youth Football Information and Coverage. Five consecutive years from 2005-09.
- “Only 1 in 100 nominations score high enough to receive this award, placing your site in the top 5% of all sites currently on the Net. From an artistic standpoint, the Eye Candy Awards remain the most prestigious form of recognition on the Web.”
- Ren Sports‘ Prep Football: MojoLand® site receives 4-Star Rating
- Creative and full of content!!! Congratulations on winning the “Sports News International Network Award“. Your site offers is a great and useful Service to the Internet community.
- After reviewing the MojoLand® site, we are pleased to announce and present you with the Market-Tek Design Award.
-John Skorczewski,President, Market-Tek