AUSTIN — Despite three first half turnovers, Permian rallied in the second half to defeat Austin Vandegrift 21-20 on Friday night at Monroe Memorial Stadium. Kobe Robinson scored two of the three Mojo touchdowns to lift the Panthers past the Vipers in a non-district clash to start the season.
LIBERTY HILL — Legendary player and former Permian head coach Gil Bartosh passed on June 4 at the age of 86. Bartosh was born in 1930 and mentored the Panthers in the 1971-72 seasons, which included a state championship.
NEWS MEDIA REVIEWS
- “Widely regarded as one of the best of its kind because of its wealth of information & impressive graphics interface. “Mojoland” leads a booming trend in high school football sites.”
– Mike Finger, The Associated Press
- “MojoLand – Championship site better than some college & pro sites”
– David King, San Antonio Express-News
- “Killer site… Enhanced graphics and the attention to detail, make MojoLand one of the most dazzling sites around.”
– Tommy Cummings, Ft. Worth Star-Telegram
- “A Masterpiece… The MojoLand Museum puts every other high school’s team page to shame.”
– Jake Shaw, Managing Editor of Texas Football
- “The most researched Texas High School football on the internet.”
– Brett Tulloss, Rockwall Texas Success
- “It took but one visit… to say the least, MojoLand is loaded.”
– Gregory Gaussa, FOXSports.com
- “There’s a very impressive amount of useful content. MojoLand resembles the sites found on our College network.”
– Jeremy Briggs, Rivals.com
- “MojoLand – The state’s most-in-depth sports site”
– David King, MySA.com
- MojoLand was announced as the 2004 ‘Site of the Year’. Selected as top site in the 9th Annual Golden Ace Awards, the awards are one of the oldest and most respected web awards on the internet. Labeled “The most highly touted site of the year”, past ‘Site of the Year’ award winners include: About.com (2003), The Sporting News (2002), and eBay (2001). Based on overall artistic creativity and useful content, sites are graded on consistency, continuity, artistic skills, artistic design, originality, creativity, organization, and moral structure. The site exhibits design excellence, content value, and consistency that sets it apart from all others.
- Awarded the Webthrower.com Silver Award. “You met all of our criteria to win the “Silver Award” with a high score of 80. We wish you much success in your endeavors with MojoLand. Thanks for helping make the Web a more interesting and attractive place to visit. Our compliments on a job well done!”
-Jeff Thrower (webthrower.com)
- Awarded the Golden Web Award in recognition of its creativity, integrity and excellence by the International Association of Webmasters and Designers.
- Top Ten Finalist in the prestigious Sports Site of the Year Award by the members of the AAGD (Association of American Graphic Designers)!
- Winner of the PAT Award, honoring web sites reporting the Best Youth Football Information and Coverage. Five consecutive years from 2005-09.
- “Only 1 in 100 nominations score high enough to receive this award, placing your site in the top 5% of all sites currently on the Net. From an artistic standpoint, the Eye Candy Awards remain the most prestigious form of recognition on the Web.”
- Ren Sports‘ Prep Football: MojoLand site receives 4-Star Rating
- Creative and full of content!!! Congratulations on winning the “Sports News International Network Award“. Your site offers is a great and useful Service to the Internet community.
- After reviewing the MojoLand site, we are pleased to announce and present you with the Market-Tek Design Award.
-John Skorczewski,President, Market-Tek
Odessa, TX — Trailing by 14 points at the half, Permian scored 21 points in the fourth quarter to tie Arlington High at Texas Stadium. The Panthers advance in the 1987 state playoffs on tie-breaking first downs.